Wednesday, July 22, 2009

On the second day give him a hoe...

There's a swahili saying that says "A visitor is a guest only on the first day, but on the second day give him a hoe (no, not a ho').

I was coasting along at work for the first two weeks, spending all my time sucking up the bandwidth on my office's internet connection, but then I had a meeting to "define my scope of work and come up with a viable work plan". It turns out this really meant "bury me under a hefty to-do list."

All of this to say I love and miss you guys and promise to update very soon...

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I could use a ho'.

    Secondly, I wonder why nobody warned us that this was real work? Stepping into the middle of week 2 now. Hope the beaches are as gorgeous as the gardens in my mind.

    ReplyDelete