Thursday, June 25, 2009

Over the moon!

As the title has probably already informed you, I am over the moon today! So many great things have happened to me in just a few hours. Most of you know I prefer things in "story format" so I'll start from the beginning. Yesterday I set up a meeting with my boss, so I woke up this morning and prepared for that. I was so nervous that I forgot the eat breakfast! (Actual it's 4:30 p.m. here and I still haven't eaten.) Anyway I took a cab into the "city center" since I'm kind of on the outskirts. We got there with no problems, but since I don't like to be late I had built in a lot of "cushion time". I left at 9:30 for an 11 o'clock meeting because I didn't know how long it would take to get there and Dar traffic is usually a nightmare since there are little to no traffic regulations. Anyway, I got there extremely early so I was falling all over myself trying to apologize because I arrived at a time when my boss was supposed to have another meeting. But since her 10 o'clock meeting was late she agreed to see me right then. She called in the head of finance and HR to handle my questions. (Most were housing and finance related.) After the meeting The HR head and I went to handle to housing question. I was looking for something safe, close to my job, and CHEAP! By chance I met another young itnern working there and she suggested a few places for me to try. Listen when I say I hit the JACK POT! I'm renting a room in a house with three Irish guys (my bedroom door locks), but here's the kicker: air conditioned, furnished, utilities included, maid, guard, internet, satelite tv, access to a kitchen and living room, private bath, next door to an amzaing pub, and A VIEW OF THE INDIAN OCEAN! All for an amazing price. I put a down payment on the room and got the key right away! I'm soooooo excited. I can barely believe my luck! I'm moving out of the hostel into my house on Saturday! I'm really going to miss hanging out with the students in the hostel, but living closer to downtown gives me such a different perspective of the city! Much more hustle and bustle and a lot of ex-pats. There's even an Apple Store down there!
The intern at my job was so helpful. She's a really sweet Swedish girl who's working on her masters at FSU. She's super friendly and she introduced me to some of her friends. When I move in on Sat. she's going to show me around and help me get familiar with the area. My first ex-pat friend!
I must have been Mother Theresa in a past life to deserve all of this! I'm not usually religious, but I'm feeling super blessed. I can't belive this is my life!

I start my job on Monday so look out for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment